Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Some background

The hubs and I have been married for just over two years. We have a great little house we bought a year and a half ago that's constantly a work in progress. And who can forget about our adorable babies, Lenny and Waldo? They're our super cute kitties who were *gasp* adopted out of wed-lock and have been ruling the roost for the last three years or so.

I love animals. LOVE. Specifically, mammals are my favorite. So since I'm a big softie and like helping out, I have tricked the hubster into letting me foster dogs for a local animal rescue. When I started volunteering for them he knew it was only a matter of time before I would come home with a 4-legged friend in need of a temporary home, which I took as the green light to bring one home and we haven't stopped since!

I love baking, and according to my friends and family, I'm pretty darn good at it and I don't mind saying so! I've got a few standbys that are always a big hit, but I'm always on the lookout for the next thing to satisfy my enormous sweet tooth. I am also a big fan of cooking dinner at home and am trying to refine my skillllz and expand my culinary horizons.

And so you can put a face with the words....here's our holiday from 2 years ago (because I was lazy and didn't do a photo card this year - deal with it!)





That's right, we photochopped our cats into our card. Because they're squirmy little buggers and we're pretty sure if they knew we were mailing out pictures of them wearing festive collars to our friends and family that they would stop speaking to us, and we don't want that now do we?

No comments:

Post a Comment